We have a problem here.
We have visitors but we lack of contents. It’s like a theater where have only audiences but no show.
We should post more often and bring more good contents to KhmerBird.
An idea just came to my mind during my shower today after work. I think it might work and I am so exciting to write this post.
Everybody can submit content to KhmerBird and everybody will get paid at the end of each month.
I am not a rich man. I am an empty hand entrepreneur who believe I can spend two more hours of extra to work on blogging to increase revenue to my family.
How can I pay to every contents that submit to KhmerBird?
I definitively cannot pay to every content but since the blog can now generate some revenue from Google Adsense, I will try to pay to every popular content according to their popularity.
It means when you write a good post and someone share or Re-tweet your post via their social profile such as Facebook or Twitter, you will earn a point. We are current now will count shares from 4 Social Medias: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.
A point for now equal to $0.1 (I know I can support that!)
For example if you content get shared or Re-tweet 50 times, you will earn 50 points which is in money you will get paid $5.
We will not stop counting, if someone share or Re-tweet your content even 1 year after we published, you will still get paid.
To make life easy, we will pay you at the end of each month but you have to earn at least 50 points.
I think the process on how we measure to give value to good contents and the payment is clear.
Do I need to accept to every submit content?
It has to respect some rules and requirements. Here they are! (They are not too difficult to respect I think):
- The vision of KhmerBird is to help the world discover about Cambodia. We have happy to promote Cambodia during all these years and we hope you can participate as well. So the main topic would be focus on introduction of Cambodia, our people, our culture and our daily life to the world. We accept also travel guide or introduction of good restaurants, hotels and resorts to facilitate and encourage people to come to visit Cambodia.
- Using style of first or second person in your writing. People want to here your story and how you are exciting to describe Cambodia on your own word. To make it easy to understand it has to be your story and have always I or He or She or Them as the main character. We are not a reporter but a story teller. I hope you understand the difference.
- The contents must be contained between 300-1000 words. In English and it need to be unique. You cannot copy it from somewhere and submit to us. You can talk the same subject but it has to be a fresh content and never publish on any blog or website.
- Each writer need to write a bit about themselves to introduce to the writer about their background and their passion in life. The reader would be very interesting to know about you after all.
- The writer need to be a local Cambodian who live in Cambodia.
- I reserved my right to add more rules or requirements if there’s a need to do so!
To give you an idea on what you can write about, here are the most shared contents on KhmerBird:
There are more but I think it is enough to give you an idea on what people like to know about Cambodia.
You can submit the contents via Contact Page. If you are interested to know more details, please follow me via Twitter @khmerbird or make friend with me on Facebook. I will discuss more on how we can work together to keep the world updating about Cambodia.