You are 36 years old.
That’s what an online age calculator confirmed me after I keyed in my birth date.
I asked myself “What do I really want in life?”
First of all, I want peace.
I think I have it through all these years. I have it in both private and professional life. I have a very nice family, friends and colleagues.
I don’t blog about my professional life. Nobody put this restriction to me. But I always respect the company policy and know what I have to do in my professional life.
If you want to know more about my private life, best place to learn more about me is my Facebook profile.
Send me a friend request, I usually confirm to most of the people. But make sure you use a profile that have your real name and image profile. I don’t like and I will not make friend with fake profile.
I have another Facebook page which I use only to share information publicly. I usually share about good articles related to Cambodia, lifestyle and new technology.
Here is a quick snapshot state of the page that shows how many people I could reach between May 01 2013 to May 28 2013:
So I hope you don’t confuse between these two.
Then I have KhmerBird. It’s my first blog that keep me alive and being as a part-time blogger since 2008.
This is where people usually found me on the internet for the first time. I want to share the statistic of visitors from the last month with you as well. We are having around 200+ unique visitors per month.
We have also RSS subscribers at Feedburner with total number of 367 subscribers which is giving us an average of 200 reaches each time we publish a new content.
There are also 48 people who subscribed by email at MailChimp. The open rate is 20% which appears as a normal open rate for an email list.
Then I have a hug followers on my Twitter account. It is because I like to follow people who talk about Cambodia.
169 amount of them are contributing daily to my online newspaper Cambodia News. It’s a daily publication and generated automatically every morning. I have a good feedback from people who find out the newspaper is very useful to them to follow what people are talking about Cambodia.
I am glad I made this thing happen.
How much did I earn last month
I started to make a summary of what I am earning. It’s good to keep a good track on how much time I spend on blogging and how much money I earn from it.
Here is the quick summary:
- Earning from Adsense: 38.92$
- Earning from selling product (ClickAble Theme): 14.50$ (I got 50% sharing with my co-founder)
- Earning from selling eBook (Cambodia In My Dream): 1.75$ (This is the 30% of total price. First time for me as self-publishing. I am now selecting sharing of 70% with Amazon. The book will be shown less to Amazon market but I will earn more at the next sale)
In total on May 2013, I earned 55.17$ from online. The amount is still small. That’s why I named this post as “The Path of Uncertainty”.
I don’t know if I could bring more revenue from blogging. But I am sure I will keep going.
Here are the next plans
- All blogging contents have been moved to my new blog SantelPhin.com
- I activate the blogging installation package. The basic package is only 99$. You can get your blog running in just a matter of one day or two. I will do installation for you so that you don’t need to know technical part behind the blogging platform. Your blog will be hosted with the shared account at Bluehost and the best part of it, you can choose any professional theme made by StudioPress. Check out more detail here.
- More contributor will write for KhmerBird. Hopefully we can publish more great contents. That’s something I always wanted!
- I will contact local business and find sponsors to support our contributors. The more we can get, the high we could pay them.
That’s all for now. I hope this could provide you a little bit of inspiration if you are about to start your blogging career. You don’t have to be a full-time blogger.
If you have a clear goal and you take action, good things will come. At least I hope so!