Sokun Kanha – a nice new love song for “Impossible Love”

Sokun Kanha, Photo by RooSter_KooL Photography

I spent two nights for the new layout, it’s time to listen to music. Since few days, I heard a new song on the Radio. It attached to my feeling due to the well written lyric about an “Impossible Love”. I am not a to fan of Sokun Kanha but this song, I would said she has done a very good job.

It’s a new song from Hang Meas Production Vol 424, under the Khmer title: Min Men Songsa Bong Min Ach Ther Bong Chomnous Ke. It means “I can’t take care of you because I am not your Girlfriend”. The song describe about one way love story. A girl express her feeling she got from looking in distance the one she loves.

She wanted to help but she hesitated. She knew it’s wrong, but it is hard for her to ignore when she saw he has troubles. I gave 100/100 to the writer of the lyric. It is not everyday we found a way to express this kind of feeling.

Bravo to Sokun Kanha! your sweet voice made us all feel about a touching and beautiful love story.

The song is available at Audio CD RHM Vol.424

Update on 02 December 2010,

Many good friends has referred this song to its original. In face the song was copied from a Thai song Mai Chai Fan Tum Tan Mai Dai by Taktan Chonlada. I don’t speak Thai and I am not sure if the lyrics also 100% copied. Let us know your comment!

Here is what I was told the Thai Original Song:

Like What You’re Reading? Get more.

Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to get:

• Tools and Tips to build your brand online
  • How to get direct connection with your customers
  • How to tell story of your business

No spam. Your privacy is safe with me.

Comments

1. says

I really Wish that RHM would promote Preap Sovath and Nop Bayarith more. Preap and Nop are the heart and soul of RHM. Without Preap and Nop RHM wouldn’t have as much fans as they are now. I been RHM since the day i start to listen to music. Anyone have opinion please reply!!!

2. sokleaika says

How can i tell my Thai friend “This temple is belong to Cambodia, that temple is belong to Khmer,…. ” while most of new Thai song are copied by Khmer people ? Opps ! I’m wrong ! It should be by some of Khmer Music Entertainment ?

• says

I know how you feel sham about it, I feel the same way, I hope all the Cambodian people feel the same way. They stop supporting production that copies songs from others.

Hope this dream will come true, one day!

• says

I noticed that most of Cambodian productions like to copy musics from other countries such as Korea, chines and others and sometimes translate it into Khmer. By the way, It is hard to understand its meanings. All productions have to write their own songs….

• says

Oh yeah i notice that too. Go to youtube.com and search for this song int he search box. Lady Gaga- Poker Face. RHM copy that song too. RHM really losing fans and supporter if they keep coying song. I really like the old day when most of the new song I heard from Preap are write by khmer. Their music copy is really out of control. Most of RHM album that release now have at least one song that they copy. I’m not into RHM that much no more because they copy song. I still support preap sovath but I don’t support RHM for copying song at all. I really someone get my message to RHM production. Let them know that they don’t have as much fans outside of Khmer like they use to have.

3. Charlie Drowns says

my son was born in Sihanoukville, We were in Cambodia 2008/2009. I love the music. I don’t speak or understand Khmer so I don’t know the lyrcis. But your voice is clear and mellow. I can almost imagine the feelings in the song. Great Job.
    I am bookmarking this